The world has been changing very fast and people do not have time to wait in queues just to get a single article or piece of information. Although tradition commerce is still in use, people in general prefer to use the faster modes of commerce. This is where electronic commerce (E-commerce) and mobile commerce (M-commerce) comes in. E-commerce data is available in many different variations, ranging from text to sound and video. M-commerce on the other hand is a bit different as it allows the trading of data through wireless connections between mobile phones, tablets and other gadgets.
To cut the long story short, E-commerce mainly refers to the buying and selling of data with the help of electronic systems like the internet. However, M-commerce allows the transfer of data through telecommunication devices.
There are many differences between E-commerce and M-commerce, some of them are stated below:
E-Commerce Vs M-Commerce
• The devices used by E-commerce are computers and laptops, whereas M-commerce utilizes mobiles, tablets and other handheld devices.
• E-commerce was first developed in introduced in the 1970s and since then it has changed the way we access data. M-commerce on the other hand was introduced late in the 1990s.
• It is mandatory for the user to have a solid internet connection if he wants to use e-commerce. However, internet access is not compulsory for m-commerce.
• E-commerce is difficult to access everywhere as it requires an internet connection and electricity. M-commerce is a lot more portable as it is not restricted by the internet or electricity.
More About E-Commerce
As mentioned earlier, E-commerce stands for electronic commerce and it mainly refers to all types of data exchange that is done over the internet. E-commerce includes things like transactions, banking, insurance, advertising and a lot more. E-commerce includes things like transactions, banking, insurance, advertising and a lot more. Nowadays, we have many E-Commerce CMS Platforms that are worth using, we can choose a platform to create a blog website, online store or online news… What E-commerce does is that it eliminates the face to face interaction between the two parties and helps them communicate without looking at each other.
E-commerce is a very important business tools and it includes the following business models. The business models are business to consumer (B2C), business to business (B2B), consumer to business (C2B) and consumer to consumer (C2C).
E-commerce has gained a lot of popularity over the past few years, especially because of the fact that the internet has become so common. Many people have access to the internet and that is why it has become easier for them to access E-commerce services. There are many advantages of e-commerce, some of them are listed below.
• With the help of E-commerce potential customers or consumers can acquire feedback of a particular product or service through previous consumers. This helps the new consumers to make a better and well informed decision regarding the product that they are about to buy.
• E-commerce has eliminated the middleman that was once important when you had to buy something. With the help of E-commerce a customer can directly contact the seller and get the best price for a specific product.
• E-commerce provides 24/7 accessibility which is a huge bonus as there is no time limitation. It is simple, easy and convenient for the user.
• Since the middleman has been eliminated with the introduction of E-commerce, the overhead cost has also reduced drastically. This is because the money that you would once pay the middleman has been completely eradicated.
More About M-Commerce
M-commerce is also known as mobile commerce. To put things easily, m-commerce can be referred to as a slightly upgraded version of E-commerce. M-commerce is very different from e-commerce in many ways, for starters all the commercial activities in m-commerce are done with the help of cellular devices. These activities include things like buying, selling, ordering and browsing.
Since the introduction of M-commerce, E-commerce has also become a lot better. This is because it has increased its connectivity, portability and accessibility. With the help of M-commerce you do not need to be connected to the internet in order to avail its services, instead you just need to have a wireless device.
The latest and greatest technologies in M-commerce are Short Message Service (SMS), Bluetooth and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP). M-commerce has many uses, for example it can be used for mobile banking, money transfer and ticket booking.
Like E-commerce, M-commerce also has a few demerits. Firstly, M-commerce is usually used on small devices, this means that you will be stuck with smaller screen which provides a bad user experience.
Some More Differences
• E-commerce is the best way to go for business activities, especially when you are doing it over the internet. Whereas, if you want to conduct commercial transactions with the help of cellular devices then you should probably go with M-commerce.
• E-commerce is also much older than M-commerce. It was first introduced during the 1970s whereas M-commerce was introduced during the 1990s. Both of the services have their merits and demerits and it is really a matter of preference.
• M-commerce can be described as a part of e-commerce. This is because it was developed along the lines of E-commerce and is similar to it in many ways.
• M-commerce provides a larger connectivity range than E-commerce. This is because a cellular connection is easier to find than an internet connection and there are a lot more cellular devices in the world, hence the connection is also larger.
• M-commerce devices are easier to carry as they are much smaller, portability is a huge advantage that M-commerce provides. It is an advantage that is absent in E-commerce.
These were some things that you should know about E-commerce and M-commerce. Both of the services are very different from each other and have their own specific uses. You will find yourself using both E-commerce and M-commerce as one service cannot be used everywhere.